As a supervisor
-  – Tingyu Huang, PhD dissertation co-supervisor (with Stephen Matthews), TBD.
-  – Arthur Lewis Thomson, PhD dissertation co-supervisor (with Stephen Matthews), TBD.
- - Eileen Renee Waegemaekers, PhD dissertation co-supervisor (with Umberto Ansaldo): Convergence in the multilingual mind: a dynamic approach to competition and selection.
As a committee member
- - Jonathan Havenhill (Georgetown), PhD dissertation committee member: On the Role of Labiality in Sound Change.
- - Stacy Peterson (Georgetown), PhD committee dissertation member:Durational cue in diphthongs:perception and Markedness.
- 2017- Kate Reistenberg (Georgetown), PhD dissertation committee member: Input frequency effects in the second language acquisition of Zapotec lexical tone.
- 2015- Tracy Aileen Canfield (Georgetown), PhD dissertation committee member: Metathesis is real, and it is a regular relation: a computational approach.
PhD qualifying papers
- 2016 – Goeun Chae (Georgetown), exam committee: L2 Acquisition of Variable Use of Case Morphemes in Korean: Testing the Interface Hypothesis.
- 2016 – Shannon Mooney (Georgetown), exam committee : Child acquisition of sociolinguistic variation.
- 2016 – Jonathan Havenhill (Georgetown), exam committee:On the role of Labiality in Sound Change.
- 2015- Kate Reistenberg (Georgetown), exam committee:Modeling the role of input frequency in the second language development of phonology.
- 2014- Stacy Petersen (Georgetown), exam committee: Diphthong Production and Perception: Dispersion Theory analysis in OT.
- Sevilla Robert Marcelo (2018, TBD), Ji Ying (2018, TBD), Cheng Chun Wing (2018, TBD)
- Tzi Dong Ng (2017) ‘Phonological Changes of Englishized Cantonese Words in Cantonese-English Code-Mixing: Acoustic, Perceptual and Attitudinal Evidence’
- Shengyi Yan (2017) ‘The Tone and Voicing Interaction in Shanghainese’
- Meng Zhang (2017) ‘An experimental study of prosodic words in mandarin Chinese’
New courses developed
- LING 2066 Computational Linguistics
- Common Core Course Human learning: a life-long adventure
- LING 2004 Phonetics (undergraduate;Fall 2016)
- LING 2027 Phonology (undergraduate;Fall 2017)
- LING 7004 Phonetics & Phonology (graduate;Fall 2017)
- CC 9906 Human learning: a life-long adventure (undergraduates; Sprig 2018)
- LING 001 Introduction to Linguistics (Spring 2015, Spring 2016)
- LING 215 Sounds of Language (Spring 2015, Spring 2014, Fall 2013)
- LING 410 Phonetics (Fall 2015)
- LING 411 Phonology I (Spring 2016)
- LING 412 Phonetics & Phonology II (Fall 2014)
- LING 413 Phonology II (Fall 2015)
- LING 512 Phonetics & Phonology III (Spring 2014)
- LING 712 Seminar: Topics in morphophonology (Fall 2014)
- LING 713 Seminar: Phonological acquisition (Fall 2013)
- LING 716 Seminar: Experimental Phonology(Spring 2015)
- LING 717 Seminar: Phonetics and Phonology interface (Spring 2016, co-taught with Elizabeth Zsiga)